Al Fin, You Sexy Thing!

03 December 2006

I Thought It Was Normal At The Time . . .

Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome. Some women with the problem consider it a form of suffering:

a 71-year-old called Lila, told how everything from dinner parties and car journeys to just sitting on the sofa was torture.

She moaned: “It’s just a horror. This never stops, it never lets up. It colours your whole life.”

Lila said she often had 200 small orgasms a day since undergoing brain and bladder surgery four years ago.

Fellow American Jean Lund, 51, said medics had only just begun to take the condition seriously.

When she told her gynaecologist he sniggered: “You’re every man’s dream.”

Office manager Jean stormed: “I wanted to punch him. I looked him in the face and said, ‘How would you like to walk around on the verge of orgasm every second?’ And he shut up.”


When I was in my late teens and early twenties, that's how I felt too. Imagine trying to concentrate on a lecture on biostatistics or hematology when the brain between your legs is sending out an overpowering message of a different nature? I just thought it was normal. My girlfriends at the time never complained, either. Well, not much.

I can understand why more mature women who thought they were beyond all that might be troubled by such overwhelming sensations. Strong sexual sensations are distracting. Evolution made them that way, so that the species would not go extinct.

The drug researchers who are developing Bremelanotide as the first truly effective aphrodisiac without serious side effects might consider the sufferers of PSAS when they design the duration of action into the drug formulation.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts